Monday, March 26, 2007

What is Ubermeat?

I was having a conversation with my beloved the other day and I said something in passing about Wikipedia - I think referring to an interview in TIME magazine with Wikipedia's founder Jimmy Wales.

Dearest husband looked at me blankly and said "what the heck is wikipedia?" HUH?? I forget sometimes that even though we live in the same house we really do inhabit separate universes in terms of what we read, listen to, and how we relate to the world around us. How is it possible he has never heard of Wikipedia?? I can totally accept that he might choose not to use it - but to be completely oblivious to it's existance? That sort of threw me for a loop. But since he seldom uses a computer for anything beyond playing spider solitaire, I really shouldn't be all that surprised.

So I tried to briefly explain to him what Wikipedia was - how it was created and maintained, what it's strengths are and the flaws inherent to the system. His response was - "Do they have a definition for Ubermeat? Try looking up Ubermeat." Oh brother.

I don't know if he was hungry or had just been watching too much TV, but apparently the Quiznos commercial about the ubermeat has made an impact. Well, I hate to let dear hubby down, but I did NOT find a wikipedia listing for Ubermeat. I DID however find THIS blog which had some interesting linguistic analysis.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I just read that same article this morning!

Enrich Your Word Power!

Word of the Day
Quote of the Day


This Day in History