Wednesday, August 29, 2007

FIND YOUR SPOT!


I just got turned on to a new service that I really like.

It's called FindYourSpot.com You take a brief quiz about your preferences in things like weather, town/city size, access to museums, medical care, churches, sports, outdoor activities and the like. Then it searches the country and comes up with a list of places you would be likely to enjoy living.

Each town that is listed for you shows the population, average home price, precipitation, amount of snow, and has links to job listings in that area.

Is that cool or what??

So I ran through it just to see where it thinks I'd like to be. Interestingly enough, the top two choices it gave me are Wenatchee, WA (where I lived for 5 years and liked it very much) and Walla Walla, WA (a town I also have a very deep affinity for.)

However, I am also offered Palmer, Alaska; St. Helens, Oregon; Hickory, North Carolina; Maryville, Tennessee; Dillon, Montana and a few others.

I'm intrigued. If nothing else, I may have just come up with a list of cool places to visit. And who knows? When my grant-funded job ends a year from now, this may give me a good starting point of where to look for work next.

3 comments:

Fraochán said...

I figured somewhere in the northwest would be in my top five places....but no!

Fayetteville, Arkansas is #1. Really? Wow. ;)

juliana said...

I'm not surprised by my results, mostly Arizona and Texas, a few in Wa. but I have to say I'm intrigued with the Cheasapeak one.

layne (herman) said...

I am surprised by mine... Knoxville, TN was my #1 choice.

Whowouldafigured?

Gee I am going to miss my wife when I move.

Enrich Your Word Power!

Word of the Day
Quote of the Day


This Day in History