Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Geocatching Adventures

Well, I still have not made up my mind on WHICH GPS unit to purchase, but I've been doing lots of homework into the whole world of geocaching. I found some good info over at Adventures in Geocaching. I'm hoping to do some exploring this weekend. My sister suggests that I try some basic orinteering/navigating with old school tech - MAPS, using the cache coordinates posted on the net and see how that goes before I lay out hundreds of dollars for a toy I may sedom use. Makes sense to me. So I plan to strap on my hiking boots and see what I can see. Should be fun!

1 comment:

layne (herman) said...

Just going out and giving it a try sounds like good advice; especially before you spend some cash.

Perhaps you can resurrect the 'old school tech' approach. Old School is cool in alot of other arenas (like skateboarding) so perhaps you can remind people how cool maps are... get everyone to toss their GPS's aside and go old school tech.

Have fun, be safe, and watch out for rattlers.

And if you find any good stuff along the way, be sure to share :)

Enrich Your Word Power!

Word of the Day
Quote of the Day


This Day in History