Sunday, December 31, 2006

Welcome 2007

This will be my last posting for 2006.

Nothing too profound in store. I do tend to get rather reflective at the start of a new year. I am NOT, however, a maker of resolutions. There have been too many broken promises to myself in the past. All the hype for self improvement that starts on January 1 and usually peters out before Valentine's Day holds little allure for me. It feels too contrived. So I won't be making any "let's all be lemmings and run this way" sort of commitments to lose weight or keep up my journal or any of that other stuff.

However... that being said, there IS one new habit I am trying to instill, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the New Year.

I am making an effort to begin every day by taking just a few moments to stop and ask myself the following questions:

1) What am I grateful for?
2) What am I passionate about?
3) What can I learn that will be of value to me today?
4) What am I willing to do to both feel joy and bring it to others more abundantly?
5) What am I willing to no longer do to create that level of joy?
6) How can I deepen my relationship with my creator?
7) How can I strengthen my relationships with my family members?
8) What can I let go of today that is holding me back?
9) How can I experience and/or express love more fully with others?
10) How can I be more present to the current moment and appreciate it more fully?

I figure if I can work on answering those each day I'll be headed in the right direction.

No comments:

Enrich Your Word Power!

Word of the Day
Quote of the Day


This Day in History