Thursday, December 21, 2006

Billions and Billions and Billions

Yesterday my overall clad pal, Jaquandor, posted about Carl Sagan, commemorating the 10th anniversary of Sagan's death.

Has some very cool pictures of the universe....

It got me to thinking some about what famous people's deaths had the most impact on me as I was growing up.

I was just a little kid with Kennedy was assassinated. Janice Joplin died on my 13th birthday. Probably the first one I remember being very impacted by was the murder of Anwar Sadat. I had always admired him tremendously.

I remember exactly where I was and who I was with when I heard that John Lennon had been killed.

Then, on a more personal note, I definitely greived the loss my old English Professor - Dr. John Hardaway. To him I was probably one of many. But to me, the brief time we knew each other was very special indeed. I still have several books that he gave me, along with a stack of letters. He was a great correspondant. He had a wicked sense of humor.

How about you? Who do you miss? Whether famous or family - what shining stars that have snuffed out had impact on your life?

No comments:

Enrich Your Word Power!

Word of the Day
Quote of the Day


This Day in History