Friday, December 21, 2007

A warm fire & a good book...

Today is my last day of work until Jan 2. There are many perks to my job, and one of them just happens to be I get this delicious week off when the school shuts down - like an extra paid vacation that doesn't burn any of my vacation days. YIPPEE!

I have several plans for things I want to do during this time off. On Christmas eve we'll have several people over for dinner, sing Christmas songs and read the scripture account of the the birth of Christ. Then on the 27th and 29th I'll be helping a friend with her daughter's two wedding receptions - one here and one in Portland. I hope to finish typing the rest of my father-in-law's journals that I've been posting over at Remembering Fred. I've got some closets to clean and want to get some work done on a stained glass project. Of course, there are also my two online classes that I need to tweak a bit for Winter term. So I will have plenty to do.

But one thing I definitely plan to do is take a couple days to do absolutely NOTHING besides curl up next to a warm fire wrapped up in my favorite blanket and just read. I've just started Tristi Pinkston's historical novel Strength to Endure. Right from the very first chapter it hooked my interest. I'm looking forward to seeing how the story unfolds.

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Sounds like fun! Santa is bringing me "Nothing to Regret" by Tristi, and I can't wait to read it.

Belladonna said...

Jen,
Cool beans! I've been dying to have someone I could discuss the book with to compare impressions with. Let me know when you get into it so we can talk, ok?

Do you know any others who have read her work who might be up for some online group discussion?

Enrich Your Word Power!

Word of the Day
Quote of the Day


This Day in History