Monday, December 17, 2007

Mortality

Singer and songwriter Dan Fogleberg died on Sunday. His music was a major part of my world during the 70's & 80's.

As I get older it is becoming increasingly frequent that people I know, or know of, are crossing over to the other side.

George Bernard Shaw once said: "Life does not cease to be serious when people laugh. Neither does it cease to be funny when people die." I suppose that's true. But I cannot help but feel a bit sad at the loss of this lyricist whose words touched my heart over the years. Go swiftly Dan. May your memory be eternal.

3 comments:

Jen said...

*hugs*

Mimi said...

That was sad to hear, he was so young.

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Enrich Your Word Power!

Word of the Day
Quote of the Day


This Day in History