Sunday, October 14, 2007

Geocache Kid Break 100!



I got to do a couple days of desert geocaching while visiting my friend Jenni Sunshine down in Tucson. With her help I found (and surpassed) my 100th find!

We had a great time, and brought home a couple traveling geocoins to place in some of the hiding places here.

Meanwhile, a few folks have started finding my latest hide, "Earth and Sky" which is a three stage multi-cache out at Walla Walla Roastery. On average it is taking most people three attempts before they find it. It's sneaky!

I've recently purchased a new GPS. This time I went with a Garmin eTrex Legend Cx. It was a bit more spendy than my old Magellan, but I really like the bright color display and it seems to pick up satellites WAY faster.

So the hunt for treasure continues. I really enjoy geocaching. It's a great way to find interesting sights and gives my hikes a bit of an intriguing purpose. So far I've found hides in Michigan, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico. Just 43 states left to go~!

4 comments:

Ruth L.~ said...

I have no idea what geocaching is, but I love my Garmin.

Fr. Matthew said...

AH, that explains it. My cop eyes were watching a suspicious couple who did not fit in with their actions on Saturday. This must be what they were doing.

Belladonna said...

Ruth - I sent private email response. You should try it sometime! It's great fun.

Matthew - Hey stranger - good to hear from you. Is that baby here yet?? Yeah, the cache seekers often go looking on the weekends. Thomas and Mary both know right where it is and gave their blessings for the hide, but I imagine things do look a bit suspicious to others. I also have a hide out at St. Silouan (with permission from Fr. Seraphim.) That one has been VERY popular so I figured I'd show them a different style of bell for the new one which is why I took it out to the roastery.

go_man said...

Congrats on your 100th find! A great milestone indeed!

Hey, Ruth, if you would like to find out more about Geocaching check out this great resource called Geocaching Online It has a regularly updated blog and hundreds of links to how-to's, information and more.

Enrich Your Word Power!

Word of the Day
Quote of the Day


This Day in History