Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Magic Ju Ju Beans

For the past several months, I have been experimenting with homeopathic remedies.

Not one willing to take traditional sedatives, I was hoping to find something that would address my raging insomnia. Learning about Homeopathy has been an interesting journey. My RATIONAL mind scoffs at any possibility that this stuff could work. It defies all logic. But my EXPERIENCE tells me there is something to it.

However, homeopathy is more an art than a science. The remedy selected must be just the right match, fitting the individual like a key in a lock. I've tried three different things that clearly did not work. Each time I was ready to just quit, determine the whole thing to be a bunch of nonsense and move on in my usual sleep deprived way.

But the particular practioner I have been working with has been doing an incredible job of listening well, paying attention to what worked and what didn't, and trying with all diligence to find just the right match. He's somehow managed to have just the right blend of expressing confidence in the process without discounting my reservations. He's been respectful of my need to understand what I'm getting into and patient with my balking and suspicious mistrust. Little by little the guy has genuinely earned my respect. So, after very nearly throwing in the towel, I've begun a new remedy recently and this one SEEMS like we might finally have made a good fit.

The sense of well being I am finding goes far beyond being rested. This is no "happy pill." Yet there is no question in my mind that I am feeling calmer, more balanced, more at home in my own skin.

I've gone through so many phases with this stuff... from outright skeptism to guarded willful suspension of disbelief to wishful hope. I'm still not entirely convinced. But I'm exploring, trying to stay open to the possibility that not everything has to be rational and logical to be real.

The whole premise of homeopathy still rather baffles me. But I'm quite certain that there is much truth in this world I do not comprehend. This might be one of them. It may just be some mysterious thing that has real power to heal.

1 comment:

Belladonna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Enrich Your Word Power!

Word of the Day
Quote of the Day


This Day in History