Monday, June 09, 2008

Book or Movie?

Mimi brought up a good question over at Bigger Than A Breadbox.

“What movies are better than the book that they are based on?”

Rather than repeat the list she gave I'll let you wander there if you are curious.
But it has gotten me to thinking some on my own book vs. movie perceptions. Also, as I said in my comment at Mimi's blog, I'm noticing I process differently when I READ a book with my eyes vs. LISTENING to audio books - even when hearing unabridged books that have exactly the same words.

How about you? Are there movies you think out shined their book origins? Which movies have been the greatest letdowns after a book that was a great read?

3 comments:

Kelly Sedinger said...

"The Bridges of Madison County" is a terrific movie. The book? Meh.

Ruth L.~ said...

I'm not so into movies . . . the time factor . . . but I listen to audio books on my commute. The part of your brain that process the visual is different from the part that processes the auditory, so the same book when read would be experienced differently when you listen to it. Movies, though, are not exact replicas of a book so . . . the difference is obvious.

Mimi said...

I think the version of "Jaws" I read was the Reader's Digest Condensed version as well.

Enrich Your Word Power!

Word of the Day
Quote of the Day


This Day in History