Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Busting my Buttons

DRUM ROLL PLEASE..... I hereby would like to offer HUGE congratulations to a young lady I am extremely proud of. Jordan L. just completed her GED. She has big plans to move on to BYU Hawaii to study music. Look out world Here She COMES!

Jordan was one of my students when I taught GED. She was (and IS) smart, talented, and all around pretty wonderful. Students like this are a true joy to teach. For one reason or another, traditonal high school just didn't click with her. But once she got into my class, she really started to take off.

I only taught the class for one term, so I didn't get to see my students all the way to their graduations. But I just got an e-mail from Jordan tonight letting me know that she finished and thanking me for my part in her success. She said some really kind things.

This is just a part of what she said:

"I read a quote recently and it makes me think of you. Here it is: "We are each one of us angels, with only one wing--- and we can only fly when embracing each other----" I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for lending me your wing and helping me to fly! You told us that we can be whoever we want to be, and I may not know exactly "who" that is yet, but I do know that through Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ anything is possible. And through them I have hope, hope to KNOW that I can someday become the best "me" that I never knew I could be! YOU have helped me realize that hope. Thank you sooo much! You have, and always will have, a special place in my heart."

Man, it doesn't get much better than that.

On top of being very bright, this young lady has a marvelous voice and is very musically talented. Besides that she just has the sweetest spirit. I know she is going to accomplish great things. It's a good feeling to know that I was blessed with the opportunity to be part of her journey. You rock Jordan!

No comments:

Enrich Your Word Power!

Word of the Day
Quote of the Day


This Day in History