Saturday, November 29, 2008

As Seen on TV...

As I said in my last posting, I truly do adore my husband. But one of his characteristics that I tease him about endlessly is that he is a total sucker for gadgets and gizmos sold on TV. Give that man a remote and a credit card and he can be dangerous~!

His latest find. SHAM WOW! He's been wanting this for months. I have discouraged him, telling him we just plain don't need it. But his birthday is Monday. And what he wanted more than anything else was a silly old Sham Wow. Good grief! So we went to Shopko, one of his favorite stores because they have a whole aisle of "As Seen on TV" products. He's pretty tickled to get it.

He also picked up a Food Saver vacuum sealer. My man loves his gadgets.

SOME of the things that he's purchased on TV have actually been great. My absolute favorite is the set of plastic food containers he got. They come in 3 sizes, all using the same blue lids and the whole set stacks together into a lazy susan type holder that keeps 'em all organized in the cupboard. Very handy!

I also have appreciated the Green Bags. Those things actually work!

TOTAL waste: Pedi Paws, (Morgan won't stand for it), all sorts of fishing stuff, (not just my bias - the man himself admits those lures that were supposed to wiggle backwards were no darn good), battery-free flashlights (you have to shake them till your arm is ready to fall off to get even a glimmer of light) and swivel sweepers. (they do NOT pick up well at all, just give me a darn broom.)

He's bought fishing poles, a beard trimmer, fancy razor he no longer uses,and who knows what all else. The guy just can't pass this stuff up.

YES, I roll my eyes and chuckle ever time he falls for another one. MOST of it I am quite certain is going to be a waste. But what the heck. He does not smoke, does not drink, does not gamble, does not chase other women, would never raise his voice at me let alone a fist. If his one vice is to be a total sucker for "As Seen on TV" gizmos and gadgets, I can live with that.

3 comments:

Myke Weber said...

Good attitude. That's a relatively easy quirk to live with.

BTW - Do those SHAM WOW! work? Worth the money. I must admit that I've been thinking about buying them.

Booklogged said...

That last comment was from me. I'm using my husband's computer.

Belladonna said...

Greetings Booklogged,

I'll let you know. Check back in a few days. We just bought them today so they aren't even out of the box yet.

Greenbags, however, are DEFINITELY worth the money. No more rotten fruit and vegies! They are a bit spendy, but I used to throw away a lot of salad makings before I started using them, and bannanas last twice as long so I can stock up on lots when they go on sale.

Enrich Your Word Power!

Word of the Day
Quote of the Day


This Day in History