Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Slash and Burn

For some time now I have had another blog going under a different pseudonym. This one tends to be a place for me to ponder and discuss ideas. The one I used to call "Turning The Hamster Wheel" was more a place where I explored feelings, motives, personal angst and vulnerabilty.

I made a point of keeping that one well hidden. Still, just having those words "out there", even on a private, unlisted blog just felt too creepy. So I deleted the whole thing.

Now I am slowly rebuilding it, under a new name and at a different URL, only this time being a bit more guarded.

This process has given me an opportunity to explore my attitudes about public vs. private. What sort of things will I tell the world? What sort of things do I reserve for my family or closest friends? What sort of things are so private that I don't even want to admit them to myself?

I intend to explore more on the other site to see where it will lead me. Thinking deep thoughts is all well and good, but navigating the currents of the heart can sometimes become sacred ground, albeit treacherous at times.

2 comments:

Left-Handed said...

I think that is an important question to ask. It is the difference between sharing something secret and something sacred. Somethings are good to share and make known. I am enriched by what others share with me for sure. But then, somethings are better pondered quietly. I have been trying to establish those blogging boundaries myself and determine how far is too far. I think that fear plays into this question, as well as moderation and wisdom.

Belladonna said...

I appreciate your thoughts, Rachel.
Boundaries are indeed a big issue.
I very much agree with the scripture that says "perfect love casteth out fear", and try to live in such a way that fear is not ruling me. But even armed with great courage, some things indeed are better kept private. Simply cloaking words in anonymity is not enough. There a time and a place to open & share, and a time to ponder things quietly in one's heart.

Enrich Your Word Power!

Word of the Day
Quote of the Day


This Day in History