Thursday, April 22, 2010

SPUDLAND HERE I COME


The serious count down had begun. I leave for Idaho on Saturday. I am starting to get really excited!

One of the things I'm especially pleased about is that my new job will have me travelling all over the whole state. I've got a trip to Couer d'Alene planned for May 17. Then I go for meetings in Pocatello. In the coming months I will have an opportunity to get familiar with all segments of the great potato state.

One of my regrets about the eight years I've spent in Oregon is that there are so many amazing places here I never saw. Most of the time I was too busy working to do a lot of exploring. (Until the last 10 months which I spent in a frantic angst of looking for a job, not out seeing the sights.) When it came time for vacation I went off to places like Egypt, which was WONDERFUL....but I've still never been to Crater Lake. which I have heard is absolutely breathtaking.

So one of my resolutions as I go off to live in Idaho is to really try to take time to get familiar with the whole state. I want to learn some about Idaho State History, the topography of the the region, and other features about living in IDAHO.

5 comments:

Grandma Pat said...

Good luck traveling.

You will miss Larry and Morgan.

Hope all goes well with you in your new job.

Let us know when you get settled in a home and we will try to stop by on one of our trips to Utah.

Heat Pumps said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Crater Lake is AWESOME! The drive to get there, not so much.

I love Oregon. I could vacation there every summer and still never discover all it has to offer. Have fun on your new adventure in Idaho!

Michelle said...

Welcome! I hope that you enjoy your job and your new home state!

Kelly Sedinger said...

If you ever have a chance to travel even farther north, the Sandpoint region (where my in-laws lived for many years) is gorgeous -- almost Alpine. My brother-in-law still lives up there; my father-in-law is near Coeur d'Alene and my sister-in-law is in Boise. Whew!

Enrich Your Word Power!

Word of the Day
Quote of the Day


This Day in History