Thursday, February 25, 2010

New Virtual Book Tour on the Way



Trisiti Pinkston is at it again.

A successful writer herself, Tristi also works as Senior Editor of Valor Publishing. In that role she has been a real champion of finding fresh and innovative ways to get the word out about new books coming to market. One that she has successfully done is the "Virtual Book Tour" in which several bloggers are invited to read a pre-release copy of a new book and then write a candid review of that book on their blogs.

I have been fortunate enough to be included in this gathering of readers in the past. On March 24 I will be reviewing The Cleansing of America by Dr. W. Cleon Skousen.(Click HERE for a biography of Skousen)

While I have heard a lot about Skousen's past works, I have not yet read any of his books. I have a PDF file of this soon to be published work on a flash drive I will take with me as I am traveling to Arizona this week. I have about a three hour lay over in Salt Lake at an airport that does NOT offer free wi-fi. (What's the deal SLC?) So instead of bemoaning the fact that I can't get online while I'm there I'll use that time to do some reading.

I look forward to seeing what the book has to offer and I very much appreciate Tristi's continued confidence in me as a reviewer. I'm excited to have the opportunity to give this book careful thought and share my reactions to it here.

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I look forward to reading your review!

SLC does have free Wi Fi now!

From the airport website: Accessing our free Wi-Fi is easy. Simply set your SSID to "slcairport.wifi" and launch your internet browser. The Wi-Fi welcome page will allow you to view the terms and conditions for using the Wi-Fi service and once accepted allow you the browse the internet. If you decline the terms and conditions of use, you may still browse the airport website, to include checking flight information.

Enrich Your Word Power!

Word of the Day
Quote of the Day


This Day in History