Saturday, January 08, 2011
Cruising the Blogosphere...
Saturday morning is Pancake morning at Casa Piranha.
I've enjoyed a lazy morning, sipping a cup of Good Earth herbal tea and exploring the blogosphere for a bit. Here are a few of the gems that impressed me...
1. Dan over at Black Owl has an EXCELLENT piece on the dearth of critical thinking in the retail world during holiday shopping...(which is endemic throughout the year, and not just in retail, I am afraid.)
2. Ruth over at Upstream Downstream shares some words on assumptions about guilt and innocence and our jury system...
3. Violins and Starships offered up a great clip of Elvis singing "Blue Solstice" to entertain my Pagan friends.
4. And just for grins, David over at Nephite Blood, Spartan Heart, shared some positively hillarious pictures that made me laugh.
5. Sergio over at Space Time Chronicles wrote a lovely piece on censorship from the perspective of a scientist. That one is an older piece from 2009, but isn't that the beauty of the blog world? It's still there to discover.
I LIKE being able to find cutting edge words about what people are pondering RIGHT NOW - the immediacy of this form of media has much appeal. But at the very same time I occassionally enjoy sampling the thoughts of various writers whose blogs have since languished or who may not have updated for quite some time.
Do you have any favorite dead blogs - words that resonated with you and maybe made you sad that the writers have ceased to publish?