Friday, June 25, 2010

Belladonna's garden Continued

I'm getting more familar with the the plants in my garden. Here are a few more of the things that I have growing right now:


Alyssum: Basket of Gold



Malva / Zebra Mallow

Maltese Cross

Salvia


Rock Cress


Lamium


Liatris / Gayfeather / Blazing Star (Can't wait for this one to bloom - it'a a real butterfly magnet!)

And of course there are still more than a few mystery plants. Anyone have any clue what THESE are???


Mystery Plant #1


Mystery Plant # 2


Mystery Plant # 3

And of course there are lots more... I love my little corner of eden right here on the edge of Boise. It's going to be a lot of work keeping up with the weeds, the bugs and just general clean up that a yard like this requires. But the term "work" is relative when it comes to gardening. To me, it's dirty therapy and a very welcome diversion after a long day under flourescent lights staring at computer screens. I get out here to watch the squirrels romp, the birds chase, the butterflies dip and turn and I know I am HOME.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What an amazing garden. I love salvia. I think I am going to plant a few.

Enrich Your Word Power!

Word of the Day
Quote of the Day


This Day in History