Thursday, March 01, 2012

In Like a Lion - Out Like a Lamb

Over the past few days we've had lovely weather here in Boise. It has been so nice that things are beginning to come to life in my yard. I have crocuses blooming. My pussy willow tree is covered in catkins. Tulips and daffodils are starting to push up through the ground. I can tell that in the next few weeks things are going to begin bursting back to life after their long winter sleep.

Then, this morning, we woke up to snow. Thee wasn't a huge accumulation. By late afternoon a lot of it had melted off. It was just that typical wrestling between old man winter and the nymph sprite of spring. Winter does not want to give up just yet. But he's on his last legs.

On our way into town this evening to go here my brother's band playing at Lock Stock and Barrel I was sort of surprised to see we still had daylight when it was nearly 7PM.

The days are indeed getting longer. My first back yard potluck of the year is just 4 weeks away.

I'm ever so ready for SPRING!

No comments:

Enrich Your Word Power!

Word of the Day
Quote of the Day


This Day in History